Why, you ask? I lost my job about six weeks ago and I have this new found time on my hands. I have gone from practicing yoga once a week to four times per week, so why not up the ante to 21 consecutive days? Plus, I'm not going to lie, I've noticed that my jeans have been getting snug due to my ever-growing sweet tooth. It's time to put the brakes on my sugar addiction before I have to trade in my 26s for 27s...and a detox should do just that!
![]() |
| Manduka ProLite Mat | Lululemon Wunder Under Crops | OPI Malaga Wine Polish |
In all seriousness, I am challenging myself to a 21-Day Yoga Detox for more than just vanity's sake. I've had a few stressful months and I am ready to shed some unnecessary layers - mental, physical and spiritual.
A yoga detox is designed to help you create awareness about where you live. You live in your own body so it's important that you take care of it by ridding yourself of toxins in your daily life - tangible and intangible. A detox will not only cleanse your body, but it will also clarify your thinking and fuel your soul...or so I have read. I am going to put the Yoga Detox to the test by committing myself to daily yoga classes for the next 21 days while following a sugar detox diet.
Yoga poses assist the body in cleansing itself using the body's natural detoxification process. A well-rounded yoga practice systematically stretches, twists and compresses all parts of the body to help eliminate toxins from your organs and allows oxygenated blood to flow through the organs. For this process to work efficiently, it is important to eat a healthy diet, which is where the sugar detox comes into play.
I am going to follow a sugar detox loosely based on The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally by Diane Sanfilippo. I'm going to strip refined sugars from my diet while adding more quality proteins, healthy fats and good carbs into my daily menus. Basically, all processed foods and sweets are out, fresh fish and veggies are in!
Now is the perfect time to do this challenge. Halloween will have come and gone by Friday, the candy will be put away, and we have 28 days to clear our minds and bodies before Thanksgiving. Who's with me on this one? If not this challenge, then perhaps you might want to challenge yourself to something else? Think of one habit you'd like to break or maybe even make, and challenge yourself to do it for 21 days. Just remember the process may be hard, but the payoff will be worth it!
I'll share my results with you in a few weeks...
xo
Jen
Note: If you'd like to follow a similar detox, but don't want to buy the 21-Day Sugar Detox book see this link http://www.rosecole.com/wwrhandouts/21%20day%20detox.pdf

No comments:
Post a Comment